The future looks bright in Charleston, South Carolina. Not only are we striving to beat last years homeownership statistics but, we have an enormous influx of new buyers on the horizon. This is the best time to be in the real estate industry and I’m blessed to be a part of it. That being said, there are a few things I’d like to share with you about our Holy City that you may not have known. For instance, it is soon to be the home of the new Volvo plant which will be located just a hop, skip and a jump outside of our Lowcountry perimeter in the lovely Ridgeville, South Carolina. “Why is this important?” you may ask. Well, because it will become a new hub for our already growing economic climate. That’s right, we are growing and I do mean steadily. We are already home to Boeing and Bosch as well as the Medical University of South Carolina which is one of the largest employers in the state. There are so many new companies and industries being added to our already financially sound city that I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention at least a few of them. So, for those of you looking for a reason to join us, here they are:
1. The Charleston International Manufacturing Center
2. Frontier Airlines and Allegiant Air — launched operations at the airport this year
3. Blackbaud has acquired Reeher – a data analytics and fundraising platform
4. Lezen Acquisition LLC – A new publishing group
5. Science Applications International Corp. SAIC is expanding into Hanahan
6. Mercedes Benz Vans – now operational in Ladson
7. Brightway Insurance – now open in Charleston
8. Call Experts, a Charleston-based call center, has tripled its West Ashley office space
9. Roper St. Francis Berkeley Hospital is expected to open in the summer of 2019.
10. WestEdge- Please check out this link because it’s fabulous. http://www.westedgecharleston.com/
So, on the horizon, we have many things to look forward to in the Lowcountry. I hope you will consider a visit sometime soon. Perhaps, you’ll see things as I do. I’m astonished at how fast a historic city with so much architecture and rich culture has integrated with the most up-to -date, technologically advanced industries available.
Fantastic stuff, right? Well that’s not all. If I may explain a little bit further, we are also experiencing an influx of port related business. You may not realize this but Charleston is a major east coast port of entry into the United States. We have numerous logistics, transportation and import/export jobs throughout the area. If you’d like to read more about it, check out the link below.
I’m really just skimming the surface of things here. You may want to launch a full investigation for yourself but, in the meantime, I want you to consider how much we have to offer. We have an extensive array of art galleries as well as a fantastic newly renovated performing arts center. Below is a list of local galleries for your reference.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the plethora of unique and exceptional restaurants and tourist attractions which fundamentally support all that Charleston is about. The cuisine here is phenomenal if I do say so myself. If you are on a diet, please plan on giving yourself a reprieve when you come to visit. Below are a few of my favorites and rest assured, I didn’t get paid by any of these places to advertise for them.
1. Coast – a little off the beaten path but I’ve never had a bad meal here.
2. Amen Street – I hope you like butter and heavy cream because I think it’s the secret ingredient in everything.
3. S.N.O.B. Slightly North of Broad – I’ve had a few really good steak dinners here. It has a fun atmosphere as well.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I could go on for days touting the awesomeness of this wonderful city. Until you experience it for yourself, you will be living a life less than fulfilled. That’s just my humble opinion.
For those of you who have already experienced the Holy City at it’s finest and are ready to make the final commitment, I’m excited to tell you that the real estate market is excellent. We have beach front, river front, downtown or country as well as a few things that are well, let’s just say hidden gems. I’m sure you can find something that tickles your fancy. If you’re interested in perusing the Charleston Trident Multiple Listings Service website for free, check out my website. It’s linked to the MLS and there you’ll find many of the properties I’ve just mentioned.
In the meantime, I’m available to help you find anything your heart desires as long as it has four walls and a roof. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or any real estate needs you may have.